1. There shall be member competitions at selected monthly meetings. The Executive Committee and the membership shall determine the number of competitions. The number of meeting competitions shall be no less than 4 and no more than 12.
2. Meeting Competition Categories shall be selected from a survey of the membership. The Executive Committee shall see that the categories are published in the monthly newsletter as early as practical prior to the beginning of each calendar year.
3. Meeting competitions shall be open to current members and shall be limited to a maximum of two (2) entries per competition.
4. Meeting competitions shall be divided into 6 classes. There shall be a digital class in color for beginners, intermediate and advanced photographers. There shall be a digital class in black and white for beginners, intermediate and advanced photographers.
The classes are defined as follows:
5. In order to receive points toward Photographer of the Year in any class, certain conditions have to be met. During the regular monthly competitions there must be a minimum of two entrants in a given class for a competition to take place in that class. A sole entrant in a class will not receive points toward Photographer of the Year. There must be a minimum of two competitions in a class during the year for any entrants in that class to accumulate any points toward Photographer of the Year. No Photographer of the Year will be awarded in a class if no Photographer of the Year points have been accumulated in that class during monthly competitions.
6. For the purpose of counting first place awards, the following annual print competition awards shall be considered to be the same as first place awards: Club’s Choice, Best of Show, Best Color Print and Best Black and White Print.
7. Individuals in any class who have entered at least 50% of the total number of possible entries during a calendar year, in that particular competition class, (including meeting competitions and the annual print show) and failed to win an award during the calendar year shall be allowed to move down to the next lower class beginning with the new calendar year. Professionals shall not be granted this option.
8. All entries must be related to the monthly assigned subject, but creative techniques such as HDR, stitched images, and stacked focus ( aka helicon focus ), etc. shall be permitted, unless there is a conflict with the competition category descriptions. Composite photos ( including double exposures ) will not be permitted except in the instance that “Composites” is the assigned category for the month. Superimposed titles will not be permitted.
9. No digital image or print that has won an award in CCC meeting competition may be entered in any CCC meeting competition thereafter. Entries that have won an award in meeting competition may be entered in the annual print show according to the rules of that show.
compete ▼ >